Adepticon Painting Competition January 19, 2017 22:04
Our first painting competition will take place at Adepticon 2017. We're excited to see what the community can do. If you're going to be at the con bring us an entry or just stop by to check out the competition.
Rules for Entry:
- Entrants must be registered attendees of Adepticon 2017
- All entries must be submitted in person by the person who painted the entry. Submissions will be accepted during Adepticon vendor hall hours from 10:00am Thursday until 12 noon on Saturday, March 25, 2017
- Entrants must pick up entries on Sunday, March 26 2017 before 3pm. Red Republic Games, LLC cannot be responsible for storage or shipping of entries not picked up on time.
- Entries may have been entered in prior competitions as long as the rights to photography and publication have not been exclusively granted to another party.
- Entries must contain Arena Rex models. Models or parts from other manufacturers may not be included. Sculpting and diorama bases may add to the overall presentation, remember that judging for this competition will focus exclusively on the painting of the miniature. Multiple miniatures may compose a single entry if that entry is a cohesive whole.
- Entrants may submit as many entries as they wish, but may only win one prize.
- Entrants are responsible for the transportation of entries to and from the competition. No storage space for transportation materials will be provided.
- Only one person may be listed and credited as the entrant on any joint effort entries. While painters may work on original sculpts or conversions by other artists, and more than one artist may contribute to an entry if desired, there will be no co-credit given or division or duplication of prizes.
- Entrants must remain available for judging, queries, and prize awards during the competition.
- Entrants agree to provide all entries, at their own risk, to Red Republic Games, LLC for the duration of the competition for the purpose of display, photography, and judging. Red Republic Games, LLC accepts no responsibility for damage to or loss of entries during the competition.
- Entrants agree to have their entries photographed, video recorded, or otherwise recorded by Adepticon and/or Red Republic Games, LLC, and such recordings shall be the property of Red Republic Games, LLC and Red Republic Games and shall be used in whatever manner Red Republic Games, LLC and Adepticon see fit without further reference or payment to the entrant.
- Entry into the competition constitutes consent to use your name and/or your photo on our web page, Facebook page, or elsewhere for promotion or other purposes.
Judges and Criteria:
- All entries will be reviewed by the judges with no names attached, only ID numbers.
- All entries will be judges as a single category.
- The judges, as a group, will determine finalists from the overall pool of entries through discussion.
- All entries may be photographed for use by Red Republic Games, LLC.
- Each judge will review the finalist entries individually and assign each a score on a scale of 1 to 10 separately on Technical execution and overall aesthetic.
- An average score will be recorded for each entry.
- Each judge will also select a personal overall favorite, adding one point to that model’s averaged score per Judge that selects it as a favorite.
- Scores will determine overall placement in the competition. In the event of a tie, the judge panel will determine final placing. If the judges determine that a final prize position is a tie, the total prize for both places will be divided equally among tied entries.
- The top 3 scoring entries shall receive cash prizes of $300, $200 and $100 respectively, guaranteed by Red Republic Games, LLC.
- Each entrant is only eligible for one prize position, i.e. it is not possible to win any combination of the first, second and third prizes, the next runner-up will be awarded instead.